Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Back to Basics

It's been a minute since I've last contributed to blogopia...how y'all been?! I've had my share of triumphs and challenges over the past four months (damn, has been that long?), but here I stand!

I've been thinking long and hard about how I'm living my life, and I keep coming to the conclusion that...I make things TOO DIFFICULT. Yes, I'll admit to being ambitious, stubborn, maybe even a bit Type-A, but I've always felt it was necessary for success. I'm now starting to see that life is always going to be complex (at least for me), but it damn sure doesn't have to be complicated. I've made shit too damn hard for far too long.

Sooo, I've decided to go back to basics. Fall back on the few principles I've used sporadically throughout my life that have always served me well. I haven't got it all figured out yet, but this is what I've got:

1. Work hard, then PLAY hard: Sure I've had the work hard on lock, but PLAYing??? Not so much. I definitely know how to let loose and act a damn fool, but I see that I don't allow myself that often enough. I need it at least once a week, and I have to work strategically during the week to make sure I get it. So yes, leave the Facebook alone at work, handle my business, and shut it DOWN at least one night of the week.

2. Work it out! This applies to getting my fitness back on point. All day every day I preach health and wellness, but I don't feel I look the part....and I sure as hell don't FEEL the part. So you know what that means....get my ass up at 5 and get my gym time in! Get back on the wagon with this knee rehab so I can finally get my ass up in a dance class. Start cooking every weekday and stop giving the cafeteria at work so much of my damn (non-existent) money.

3. Laugh and laugh often. Life for me isn't complete unless I get a gut busting laugh on a daily basis, and I haven't been getting my daily fixes. Even if it's laughing at my own foolishness, I gotta find more chuckles out of life.


Okay, that's enough for now. More to come soon! It's good to be back!

4 comments:

Cup-o-Noodles said...

Welcome back! :)

Facebook:
"shut it down at least one night"... you mean to tell me you keep Facebook running all night long?! Tsk tsk tsk. FB is the devil, I tell you. Delete your FB profile *right now*!

Cup-o-Noodles said...

And leave my pee pee alone!!! LOL.

dancehard said...

no no no I don't keep facebook running all night. By "shut it down" I meant stop all work and school related activities and just chill socially! FB is cute, but it ain't that cute!

And I will NOT leave your "pee-pee" alone as long as you use your blog to lament over your dick issues! Once routine surgery (the national avg. error rate is 1:3000 = ROUTINE) and your problems are over!

And NO I don't have foreskin envy LOL. I just hate to see my buddies in pain :)

kennyking78 said...

Jammey!!!! I missed you!!! I knew you were busy handling business though!!! You stay focused and take as much time as you need between posts.