It's super late now and I can't sleep...my mother's funeral service is tomorrow and I'm delivering her eulogy. Needless to say I'm on pins and needles from the stress of this week's events, her death, and having to speak publically about such a personal matter. I made a deal with myself...after I finish this, I'll go to bed. I'll definitely be posting about what happened these past 2 weeks, but for now I'll do this real quick and get some zzz's. Here goes...
the Gay Man's Survey
Welcome to the first ever gay male oriented MySpace Quiz!!!
Get ready, get set...answer, copy, paste and repost!!!
1. What is the first thing you notice about the same sex?
Overall appearance, how he walks, facial expressions (happy, sad, sexy, disgruntled)
2. Which male celebrity would you want as a love slave?
As a love slave?....let's see...i would say Brian White or Taye Diggs but they'd prolly flip the script back onto me! Djimon Housou would be fun :)
3. Gift card winner at work!...which store do you reach for?
Amazon.com, or any sporting goods store.
Hell no! I'm no fan of "modest" endowments, but I can't do anything with a Magnum XXXXLLL but look at it in shock.
5. What store do you base your fashion sense on?
Whatever looks good. I love Sean John, but Puffy can hurt a brotha's pocket. I'm gravitating more toward natural fabrics and linens, though.
6. If you could improve gay pride, what would you improve?
I'd have the focus be on community development through workshops and fairs, and spend less time and cash hyping up the parties. The parties will always be there, but the chance to congregate a mass of SGL family for a positive cause could be very powerful.
7. Have you marched in a gay pride parade?
Nope, never really been to a parade...in ATL, it's ON!
8. Honestly, how many times do you go to the gym?
Everyday usually. If i'm not working out myself, i'm training clients or running classes.
9. Honestly, how many nights do you go out with the boys?
Usually just once a week, if nothing else gets in the way. I need more social time.
10. How long was your last relationship?
Umm....my high school crush and I were together for about a year, but that's the extent of my relationships. Everything else has fizzled before a "relationship" could develop.
11. What would you do the moment gay marriage is approved by voters?
Smile, say a prayer of thanks, and encourage my partnered gay friends to do the do. I'm not quite there yet.
13. Where would you want to have your gay wedding?
Either amongst family and friends in Pasadena (hometown), or somewhere on the African Coast.
14. Who do you want to be there?
Everybody who supports my marriage and will buy a good gift :)
15. What kind of food/ who would cater your gay wedding ?
Depends on my man. If he's African American, soul food will predominate. If he's multiethnic or (gasp!) a different race, we will have a lil' of his culture in the mix.
16. Who is your diva?
I don't really have one. I like Janet, and Halle Berry...are they divas?
17. Which type of gay man do you avoid?
Unneccessarily bitter gay men are the worse. I also steer clear of the hopelessly DL guys...can't be associated with infidelity.
18. What qualities do you look for in a man?
HUMOR, a positive outlook on life, ambition, definite sex appeal, spiritual grounding, and easy to engage in conversation. Being able to break me off on a dance floor or having a voice are definite bonuses :)
19. What exotic gay locale would you travel to?
gay locale? I guess Rio de Janeiro, but it's not exclusively gay.
20. What song are you tired of hearing?
BEYONCE'S "DE JA VU". err time i hear it i want to say SWITCH!
21. Which club/bar in your gay neighborhood do you wish would just close down because its so tired?
I would shut down half of the sorry ass gay establishments down Santa Monica that treat black men like shit. I have no tolerance for racist queens, they gotta go!
22. Admit it, have you gone thru a vegetarian/vegan phase?
LOL, that is hilarious. My family is from da' South...we eats our meats. I do it lean and mean though.
23. Which restaurant/type of restaurant would you take a date?
Anyplace we can eat with freedom and can talk uninterrupted.
24. How much can you bench?
Stopped checking. It's worthless to know unless your workout goals are increasing brute strength.
25. What one part of the male anatomy always get your attention?
Backs, booty, and calves. If they are nice in all those areas, its guaranteed they will have a nice overall package.
26. Whole Foods or Bristol Farms??
27. Do you donate clothes you dont use anymore?
Absolutamente. I was once a goodwill kid, so I always give back.
28. What do you think of Paris Hilton's new singing career?
BOO TO DA HISS! Why you gotta get my pressure up with this mess? Please!
29. Did you know Godiva Chocolates contain preservatives?
umm no....i should know though.
30. What would you rather watch, hot boys laying out, hot boys playing volleyball or hot boys washing cars?
Tie between volleyball and cars. I love volleyball, and I think water and 'wet' is soo damn sexy.
31. Do you go return to work late from your 10 minute break?
usually. I don't punch a clock, so I ain't trippin.
32. Where do you want to have your dream house?
My dream house is my grandmother's house, so Pasadena, California. I hope that I can one day have the honor of owning that beautiful home and keeping it in family.
33. Whats your favorite cologne?
Cool Water, but this Acqua Di Gio is starting to grow on me
34. Whats your favorite cologne on him?
I'm versatile. Something fresh and natural, like Escape or vanilla oil.
35. Have you worn red to a gay day at an amusement park?
never been to a gay amusement park day.
36. What are your favorite TV shows?
Noah's Arc, So you think you can dance?, Gray's Anatomy, That's So Raven (i know....)
37. Admit it, which TV DVD collection do you own?
Roots, and i will own Noah's Arc in a few days :)
39. Admit it, did you ever have a sugar daddy?
Naw dawg. I've dated a few older men, but they weren't ballin' out or anything.
40. What is the drink you always order at the club/bar?
Long Island Iced Tea, or an Adios Mutha****a
41. Finish the sentence...when I go to a house party, I avoid....
getting stuck in a corner, especially if the party is hella packed...nothing worse than being wedged in a corner when everybody else is getting their groove on.
42. What embarassing moment are you constantly reminded of?
I wore a helmet the first time I went horseback riding, and I looked quite "special". I didn't care tho, i didn't trust those shifty-eyed horses.
43. What does your last text message say?
"I keep thinking about you....can I come over?" No i'm lying....sigh...
44. Admit it, which fast food restaurant lures you each and every time?
In-N-Out. I try to stay away from everything else.
45. Your date just scored tickets...which singer/performer do you hope they are?
Jill Scott! That woman's presence and talent can make me melt.
46. Admit it, do you lie about your age?
nope, i like being 24.
47. What is your favorite sex position?
none of your dayam bidness sucka!
48. What movie, in theatres right now, would you take a date?
X-Men, but that's not new.
49. What movie, in theatres now, would you NOT take a date?
Little Man....all I can say is BOOOOOOOO!!!!!
50. You're the tour guide...where would you take an out-of-towner who is unfamiliar with your city?
We'd do the Hollywood/West Hollywood/Beverly Hills deal because EVERYBODY wants to see that. Next, we'd go get some good food, check out the Getty Center, and then maybe hit up either Circus, Catch One, or Pearl if we wanna shake it up.
*Redo and Repost as 'the Gay Man's Survey'*